PROFILE OF THE RECTOR: DR. SAMUEL BEREREMEMAMN KALAGBOR
Dr. Samuel Bererememamn Kalagbor was appointed the Acting Rector, Rivers State College of Arts and Science, Rumuola, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, on Monday, 3rd August 2015, by the Executive Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike, CON. He joined the services of the College in 1992 and until his appointment was a Chief Lecturer in the Department of Public Administration of the institution.
He hails from Orochiri Community, Rebisi, in the Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State. He is happily married to Mrs. Victoria Osaruchi Sam-Kalagbor and is blessed with four (4) lovely children. He is a member of Victory International Ministries (aka Chapel of Victory International Churches), Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
1. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED
• Saint Paul’s State School, Diobu, Port Harcourt
• Baptist High School, Port Harcourt
• Akpor Grammar School, Ozuoba, Port Harcourt
• University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
• Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt
• Nigeria Law School, Abuja.
2. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED
i) First School Leaving Certificate
ii) West African School Certificate (0/Level)
iii) General Certificate of Education (A/Level)
iv) B.Sc, Political & Administrative Studies
v) M.Sc, Political & Administrative Studies (Development Studies)
vi) LL.B (Bachelor of Laws)
vii) Barrister at-Law (BL)
viii) Ph.D, Political & Administrative Studies (Development Studies)
Dr. Kalagbor has held many senior administrative and managerial positions within and outside the College. He was the pioneer Head, Department of Public Administration in the institution from 2006 to 2012 and represented the Academic Board in the 6th Governing Council of the same institution from 2011 to 2015.
He is a member of several professional organizations including Nigerian Institute
of Management, Institute of Development Administration of Nigeria, Chartered
Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria, International
Research and Development Institute and the Nigerian Bar Association, Port
The Acting Rector has four (4) books to his credit and several other publications (Articles) in local and international journals. He has also presented papers at and attended many conferences, seminars, workshops and symposia. He is a Consultant in management, educational and legal related services. His major areas of research interest are in Development Studies and Administration, Policy Analysis and Legal aspects of Public Administration.
Strategic Plan for the College:
1. Improvement of the Academic Status of the institution.
2. Enhanced Welfare of Staff and Students.
3. Accreditation of courses by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
4. Human Capacity Development
5. Introduction of ICT in students’ registration, processing and release of exam results/internet facilities for effective teaching, learning and research.
6. Provision/furnishing of staff offices
7. Provision of conducive lecture halls, classrooms and hostel accommodation